Monday, December 20, 2010

all wrapped up!

the holiday craft show season of 2010 is officially done for me!  with shows almost every weekend for the last month it has been a busy season.

on saturday i did the excitingly-named nice balls xmas sale at little mountain gallery on east 26th in vancouver's mid-main neighbourhood.  it's a very cool art and music space and the show united a good selection of hip vancouver crafters. put on by melanie of a farmer's daughter, we had good music, were well-stocked with mind-meltingly delicious treats made by elisha of sweet valentines high tea catering, had awesome vintage clothes from melanie of sassy vintage and many great makers.



and sunday wrapped up the season with the artsy fartsy craft market at the carousel theatre on granville island.  it was a first-time event and a fundraiser for youth theatre. it was also a good chance for me to do some of my own christmas shopping - i am woefully under-prepared this year.  favourites were the sewing kits made by sam of sammade (and i had to treat myself to one of her awesome buttery-soft gold leather pencil cases!), the beautiful environmentally-conscious paper goodies from note + emote and i couldn't help squeeing at the super-cute gnomes and creatures from jocelan at cutesypoo.  i love buying local and handmade, and am even happier giving or enjoying something knowing about the person and process behind the product.

 

a big thank you to everyone who visited these events, who has cheered me on and supported me and all the talented local crafters this year.  and thanks so much to all the fellow makers for continuing to inspire me, for sharing tips and techniques, and for working together to create a vibrant and welcoming handmade community.

2010 has definitely been one of transition for me and i am looking forward to some big changes in 2011 - stay tuned!

2 comments:

Jhu said...

I love the craft show!!!!! Very nice. I wish i could be there. :(

Lish said...

Looks like a lot of fun - I wish had fun fairs like that here :(

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online